Bologna enchants the senses with art, culture, and architecture. Bologna also boasts amazing food! Walk along the river, take in the iconic views, and try all the local meats and cheese in the city center’s food market. Fall in love with this favorite of locals and tourists alike!
Meeting PointFountain of Neptune - Piazza del Nettuno, Bologna
Departure Time10:00 am
Return Time1:30 pm
- All our tours are available as gift vouchers. Choose the tour you prefer, go to the booking section and select “Buy as a gift”
- We are happy to customize all tours according to your preferences. Contact us to create your perfect experience.
We strongly recommend you to read the Policy for Daily tours. CLICK HERE!
- English/Italian-speaking guide (other languages available upon request)
- Entrance tickets to all specified attractions
- Products tasting as per tour itinerary
- Start your tour discovering more about Piazza Maggiore, the main square, surrounded by historical palaces Palazzo d’Accursio and Palazzo del Podestà with the famous Voltone
- Visit the San Petronio Cathedral with its panoramic terrace (lift available). From there, admire the roofs of the city, and discover why the Bologna was nicknamed “La Rossa”
- Stop at the Archiginnasio courtyard, once home to the University of Bologna. Thanks to this institution, the city was nicknamed “La Dotta”. Discover which medicine was prepared in this courtyard and who was the first “American” student of the University
- Stroll through Bologna most beautiful market and stop by its most typical shops, called 'botteghe'. Take a delicious break in one of these shops to taste some of the local cheese and cold cuts. No wonder why the city was also nicknamed “La Grassa”
- Continue your market visit in one of the oldest pasta shops in Bologna. Step inside the laboratory and meet the main pasta maker, Signora Edda, who will reveal the secrets of tortellini Bolognesi and… test your pasta-making skills
- Round off your market experience with the tasting of some typical pastries from Bologna accompanied by a glass of local sparkling wine
DUE TORRI AND JEWISH GHETTO
- Arrive at the famous symbols of Bologna: Le Due Torri, the towers, one of which is the tallest leaning medieval tower in the world, and discover what is the connection between the towers and tagliatelle. For those who have a sweet tooth, you can also add a quick stop and try one of the best gelato in the city (not included in the price)
- Last stop is the so-called Jewish Ghetto with its beautiful palaces. These buildings used to belong to rich Jewish merchants and bankers and have later been converted into charming artisan shops