This special itinerary reveals the charm of an ancient small village, Borgotaro. Go back in time when butchers, bakers and bread-makers were the centers of village life. Then walk in the woods, where the rustle of the wind is the only sound you hear. And finally, dine at a local farmhouse where all the ingredients are grown and made right there.
Visit, taste, and enjoy with us!
Return Time5.30 p.m
- For this tour, private transport is necessary to reach all venues. Please select “transport included” if you wish to include chauffeur service for this tour. Please select “self-drive tour” if you have your own car and intend to drive for the duration of your tour.
- All our tours are available as gift vouchers. Choose the tour you prefer, go to the booking section, and select “Buy as a gift”
- We are happy to customize all tours according to your preferences. Contact us to create your perfect experience.
We strongly recommend that you read the Policy for Daily Tours
- Italian / English speaking Chef during all the duration of the tour
- Tastings according to the program
- Entrance tickets
- Transport if required
Departure from Parma to arrive in Borgotaro by 10 a.m
Visit to the artisan shops of Borgotaro
- Tasting in the pastry shop of the village: in the renowned pastry shop of the village, you will taste a special sweet typical of the area called Amor [Love] and you will hear the incredible story of the owners.
- Visit to the local bakery: you will enter the characteristic laboratory where fresh bread is made every day with the traditional recipe from the sourranding mountains.
- Visit to the butcher's shop: you will learn the tricks of the butcher's trade, told directly by him and here you will buy together with the chef the necessary ingredients to prepare lunch.
Visit to your chef's farmhouse and preparation of lunch
- You will visit the structure where the chef lives: you will immerse yourself in nature, among the gardens cultivated with passion and farm animals, such as chickens, pigs and cows, while the chef will tell you the secrets of his work.
- You will prepare the lunch with chef: you will cook a delicious lunch, using only local ingredients, what you have bought and what has been collected in the nearby garden and forest.
- Lunch in the farmhouse with the chef
Walk in the woods
Visit of a Parmigiano Reggiano cheese factory
- From your accommodation in Parma: please let us know the name and address of your accommodation in Parma so your guide can meet you there.
- For “transport included” option: please note that some accommodations in the city centre are located in pedestrian areas where car access is prohibited. Therefore, your guide will meet you at your accommodation and you will walk together to the driver meeting point.
- From Parma train station. Please let us know your arrival time and train number. Your guide will meet you at the train station in front of the ticket office with a sign displaying your name.
- From Parma highway exit. If you are planning to reach Parma by car from another city, your guide will wait for you in front of the Roadhouse Restaurant, which is just outside Parma highway exit. Your guide will be holding a sign displaying your name. The meeting point address is: Viale delle Esposizioni, 3/A, Parma.
- From other cities with chauffeur service. Pick up from other cities is available at extra charge. Contact us to receive our best quote.