Borgotaro: sustainable retreat with farm-to-table flavor
A weekend dedicated to three great cornerstones of our Emilia: sustainability, taste and tradition. Taking refuge in the ancient village of Borgotaro, you will discover the authentic traditions linked to the most historic shops, walking in the woods of the Apennines, peace and serenity will invade your spirit, while the mysteries of ancient castles will perhaps be revealed to you.
Return Time5 p.m
- If you came from the Cisa motorway, the first day of the tour would become the last.
- Possibility to add to the tour a truffle hunting experience with an expert truffle hunter and his dog.
- For any information or to personalize your experience, you can contact us at the number +39 05211813568
We strongly recommend you to read the Policy for Multy-day tours. CLICK HERE!
- Italian / English speaking Chef for the entire duration of the tour
- Tastings according to the program
- Lunches and dinners as described
- Entrance to the production companies
- Specialized guide for the visit of the castles
- Transport if requested
1st day: visit of Parma's historic center and transfer to the farmhouse
- Arrival in Parma by about 10 am
- Guided tour of the historic center of Parma - duration 2.5 h: Parma is not only the capital of the Food Valley, but it can offer much more and you will discover it during your trip. You will be fascinated by the refined atmosphere of the ancient duchy that evokes a small Paris and you will breathe the deepest essence of the glorious past of Maria Luisa of Austria.
- Lunch in a typical trattoria in the center
- Transfer to a farmhouse in the hills: you will be greeted by a delicious welcome aperitif and you will have free time until dinner.
- Dinner at the farmhouse
2nd day: walk in the woods and visit to the historic shops of Borgotaro
- Breakfast at the farmhouse
- Walk in the woods with the chef: you will walk through the paths of the beautiful hills of the Apennines admiring the landscapes and the lush vegetation, breathing pure air and learning to distinguish the various types of vegetation. The rustle of the wind will be the only sound that surrounds you, as you collect aromatic herbs or mushrooms with your hands depending on the season.
- Picnic in the woods: you will have a snack sitting in a beautiful meadow, you will open your basket and find out what the chef has prepared good for you. If it will be winter, you will be provided with a blanket and a fireplace will be lit for the occasion.
- Tasting in the pastry shop of the village: in the renowned pastry shop of the village, you will taste a special sweet typical of the area called Amor and you will hear the incredible story of the owners.
- Visit to the local bakery: you will enter the characteristic laboratory where fresh bread is made every day with the traditional mountain recipe.
- Visit to the butcher's shop: you will learn the tricks of the butcher's trade, told directly by him and here you will buy together with the chef the necessary ingredients to prepare lunch.
- Dinner at a farmhouse: a delicious lunch will be cooked by the chef, using only local ingredients, what you bought in the shops and what was collected in the nearby garden and wood.
3rd day: two different options to choose from
- Breakfast and free time to prepare your luggage
- Salame experience with the chef: you will learn how the real Salame Felino PGI is produced and, with the chef's help, you will prepare it with your hands. You will have the unique opportunity to have it shipped to your home once it is ready.
- Light lunch at the castle of Compiano: you will have lunch in the enchanting castle restaurant and stroll in the ancient village, one of the most beautiful villages in Italy, full of breathtaking views and views.
- Visit of the Castle: accompanied by an expert guide, you will discover the history of the manor, visit the still perfectly preserved rooms and go back in time.
- Breakfast and departure for Bardi
- Visit a Parmigiano Reggiano cheese factory: you will discover every phase of the delicate natural process that leads to the birth of Parmigiano Reggiano, the King of Cheeses. You will walk in the fragrant seasoning rooms among the over 5000 forms and finally, you will taste flakes of different seasoning, savoring and understanding how its qualities improve over time.
- Visit to a farm with production of jams and preserves and lunch: you will immerse yourself in a completely different world, where everything is produced only in a natural way. You will discover how fruits and vegetables can magically keep for a long time, remaining good and tasty. But not only that, you can also taste the main products of the farm, accompanied by bread or cheese. Walking in the surroundings you can enjoy the peace and the views, abandoning your mind in the tranquility of nature. Finally, you will be pampered by an exquisite lunch prepared by the farmhouse for you.
- Bardi Castle- red jasper: Bardi, one of the most beautiful villages in Italy, hosts one of the largest and most fascinating castles in the north of our peninsula, built on a cliff and defying gravity. Here, stories of the ancient nobles will be told to you and perhaps you will discover the mystery of the ghost that still inhabits the castle today.