A weekend dedicated to three great cornerstones of our Emilia: sustainability, taste and tradition. Taking refuge in the ancient village of Borgotaro, you will discover the authentic traditions linked to the most historic shops, walking in the woods of the Apennines, peace and serenity will invade your spirit, while the mysteries of ancient castles will perhaps be revealed to you.
Meeting PointParma - your accommodation or preferred pick-up point
Departure Time2 p.m.
Return Time6 p.m.
- For this tour, private transport is necessary to reach all venues. Please select “transport included” if you wish to include chauffeur service for this tour. Please select “self-drive tour” if you have your own car and intend to drive for the duration of your tour.
- All our tours are available as gift vouchers. Choose the tour you prefer, go to the booking section and select “Buy as a gift”
- We are happy to customize all tours according to your preferences. Contact us to create your perfect experience.
We strongly recommend you to read the Policy for Multy-day tours. CLICK HERE!
- Accommodation (1 night in Twin Room at B&B Cielo di Strela for each group of 2 people)
- 1 dinner and 1 lunch at B&B
- Experiences and tastings indicated in the tour plan
- Artistic guide for the city tour in Parma
- Transport if requested
Day 1: transfer to Brogotaro, visit of the historic shops and dinner at the farmhouse
- 2.30 pm Departure from Parma and transfer to Borgotaro. If you will decide to follow the tour with your own car, meet the chef directly in Borgotaro at 3:30 pm
- 3:30 pm Meet Mario, a local chef and self-sustainable agriturismo owner, who is going to accompany you during the whole experience in Borgotaro
- Shopping in the medieval village of Borgotaro together with the chef:
- Ancient pastry shop: step inside a famous pastry shop with over 200 years of history to taste a typical mountain sweet and discover the technique that turns a few simple ingredients into a delicious dessert
- Local bakery: follow the enchanting smell of freshly baked bread to discover the secrets of typical mountain bread recipes and the magic of natural leavening
- Butcher shop: visit a young butcher’s shop to buy some ingredients for your lunch together with the chef and learn more about ethical breeding and nose-to-tail dining philosophy
- 6:30 pm Arrival at the agriturismo and free time to unpack
- 7:30 pm Dinner in agriturismo prepared by the chef
Day 2: walk in the woods with the chef, farm-to-table lunch and city tour in Parma
- Breakfast and free time to prepare your bags
- 10:00 am Walk in the woods with the chef: walk along the paths of the beautiful hills of the Apennines admiring the landscapes and lush vegetation, breathing pure air and learning to distinguish the various types of vegetation. The rustle of the wind will be the only sound that will surround you while you will collect aromatic herbs or mushrooms with your hands, depending on the season
- 12:00 pm Lunch in agriturismo. Help your chef to prepare a real farm-to-table lunch with the ingredients you’ve bought during the shopping and some of those picked in the farm’s garden and during your morning walk
- 2:00 pm departure for Parma
- 3:30 pm City tour with an aperitif. Round off your rural experience with a city tour in Parma led by an artistic guide and enjoy a traditional afternoon aperitif with some local cold cuts and a glass of wine
- Finish your tour at 6:00 pm in Parma city centre
- From your accommodation in Parma. Please let us know the name and address of your accommodation in Parma so your guide can meet you there.
- For “transport included” option: Please note that some accommodations in the city centre are located in pedestrian areas where car access is prohibited. Therefore, your guide will meet you at your accommodation and you will walk together to the driver meeting point.
- From Parma train station. Please let us know your arrival time and train number. Your guide will meet you at the train station in front of the ticket office with a sign displaying your name.
- From Parma highway exit. If you are planning to reach Parma by car from another city, your guide will wait for you in front of the Roadhouse Restaurant, which is just outside Parma highway exit. Your guide will be holding a sign displaying your name. The meeting point address is: Viale delle Esposizioni, 3/A, Parma.
- From other cities with chauffeur service. Pick up from other cities is available at extra charge. Contact us to receive our best quote.