Aromas, flavors, intense emotions: on a tour totally dedicated to the discovery of the cheeses produced in our Reggiano Apennines, you will be fascinated by authentic fragrances and extraordinary flavors.
Departure Time9 a.m
Return Time5 p.m
Extra InfoFor any information, you can contant us at the number +39 05211813568
- Specialized Italian / English speaking food guide
- Tastings according to the program
- Entrance to production companies
- Transport if required
9.00 a.m Departure from Parma
First stop: Parmigiano Reggiano cheese factory
- In the first stop of your tour you will discover some of the most popular cheeses made with cow's milk: ricotta, tosone, and the king of Parma cheeses, Parmigiano Reggiano aged 12, 24, 36 and also 48 months, if available. You will explore every step of the delicate natural process that leads to the birth of Parmigiano Reggiano. You will walk in the fragrant maturing rooms among the over 5000 wheels and finally, you will taste flakes of different maturation, savoring and understanding how its qualities improve over time.
Second stop (12 p.m): Montebaducco, the largest donkey farm in Europe
- You will continue your journey to discover the largest donkey farm in Europe and the only one in Italy that produces cheese with donkey milk: on this unique occasion, you will learn the secrets of how milk is processed to produce a rare cheese. But not just that: you will taste its essence and be amazed by its peculiarities.
- You will have lunch at the Montebaducco farmhouse: you will taste donkey cheeses and salami, surrounded by an unmistakable atmosphere of tradition and passion.
Third stop (3.30 pm): Sheep and goat cheese dairy
- You will end the tour in a farm where the characteristic sheep and goat cheese is produced: you will get to know the passion of a producer who alone manages an incredible breeding and farm. Immersed in nature, they will reveal to you how to create cheeses with creative recipes both with sheep's milk and goat's milk, and of course you will taste the different particular types.