Make an appointment with taste and meet your gourmet guide who leads you to the discovery of food and wine tradition of Parma.
Choose the Parmigiano Reggiano and Parma Ham option (Two PDO products tour) or round off your day with a visit to a traditional balsamic vinegar production house (Three PDO products tour).
The small size of the group, 10 people maximum, and the right spaces will allow you to keep the safety distances and meet the necessary rules.
You will enjoy Parma on a tour filled with fun, laughter and great food!
Meeting PointRoadhouse Restaurant Parma - Viale delle Esposizioni, 3/A, Parma PR
Departure Time9:00 am
Return TimeTwo PDO products tour - 1:00 pm
- Three PDO products tour - 3:00 pm
- From 15 June until 31 December 2020, maximum group size is 10 people.
- For this tour, private transport is necessary to reach alla venues.
- Please, note that due to the ongoing situation regarding Covid-19, it is required to wear a face mask within the production sites.
- English/Italian-speaking guide
- Admission tickets to all factories
- Products tasting as per tour itinerary
- Single-use plastic set (cap, coat, shoe covers) to be worn before entering the production sites
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
PARMIGIANO REGGIANO CHEESE
- Visit a Parmigiano Reggiano cheese dairy. Learn every step of the natural making process that leads to the “birth” of the king of all cheeses
- Enter the impressive ageing rooms and walk surrounded by 5000 Parmigiano Reggiano cheese wheels
- Taste cheese of different ages and savour how it improves over time
- Travel through the beautiful Parma countryside. The sea breeze crosses the hills and makes this area ideal for Parma ham making
- Inside a Parma ham factory, follow the journey of this prestigious ham, from careful meat selection until its meticulous ageing
- Taste the unique sweetness of Parma ham and more local cold cuts
- If you choose the two PDO products option, that’s the end of your tour. You will continue on to your destination independently
If you choose the three PDO products option, Taste and Drive continues with:
TRADITIONAL BALSAMIC VINEGAR
- Enter a 300-years-old mansion and smell the unique scent of traditional balsamic vinegar. Listen to the story of a family that considers vinegar its most precious gift in life
- Admire barrels filled with black gold, aged up to 25 years
- Savour balsamic vinegar of different ages and discover unusual (and incredibly yummy!) recipes combining it with meat tartare, seafood and desserts
END OF THE TOUR
- Roadhouse Restaurant Parma. Once you reach the restaurant, which is just outside Parma highway exit, you will see a white Dacia car. Your guide will wait for you at the parking lot and will be holding a sign displaying the name of the tour.
Departure time. We strongly recommend arriving at the meeting point at least 10 minutes in advance. Due to tour schedule, we cannot start the tour later than 9:00 am. Should you be running late, please contact us immediately and we will tell you how to join the group independently at the first stop.