Parma: half day private food&wine tour “Culatello and more”
In an ever more hectic world, there are still places inviting you to rediscover why “taking time” is so important. The centuries-old Culatello cellars, with their foggy smell and noble fragrance, are just one of these. Complete your journey in a traditional dairy where Parmigiano Reggiano is made or visit a local winemaker. This tour is a real invitation to rediscovering the value of “taking it slow” and soaking in the beauty of timeless food heavens.
Meeting PointParma - your accomodation or preferred pick-up point
Departure Time9:00 am - later departure can be arranged upon request
Return Time1:00 pm
For this tour, private transport is necessary to reach all venues. Please select “transport included” if you wish to include chauffeur service for this tour. Please select “self-drive tour” if you have your own car and intend to drive for the duration of your tour.
- English/Italian-speaking guide
- Admission tickets to all factories
- Products tasting as per itinerary
- Private transportation (if option selected)
CULATELLO DI ZIBELLO
- The intense smell of fog takes accompanies you to visit the aging cellars of Culatello, the most prestigious Italian ham with a noble history
- Admire some unique Culatello hams pre-ordered by chef Massimo Bottura, Prince Charles and many more lovers of Culatello di Zibello
- Savour the overwhelming aroma of Culatello together with other local cold cuts
EXPERIENCE ON YOUR CHOICE
PARMIGIANO REGGIANO CHEESE
- Visit a Parmigiano Reggiano cheese dairy and learn about every step of the natural making process that leads to the birth of the king of all cheeses
- Enter the impressive ageing rooms and walk surrounded by 5000 Parmigiano Reggiano cheese wheels
- Taste cheese of different ages and savour how it improves over time
- Enter an historic villa where a family keeps the wine tradition alive, in full respect of nature
- Try some boutique production wines, such as Lambrusco, Merlot and Barbera, coming from grapes that are still harvested by hand
- Enjoy the best local wines with a rich aperitivo
- From your accommodation in Parma: please let us know the name and address of your accommodation in Parma so your guide can meet you there.
- For “transport included” option: please note that some accommodations in the city centre are located in pedestrian areas where car access is prohibited. Therefore, your guide will meet you at your accommodation and you will walk together to the driver meeting point.
- From Parma train station. Please let us know your arrival time and train number. Your guide will meet you at the train station in front of the ticket office with a sign displaying your name.
- From Parma highway exit. If you are planning to reach Parma by car from another city, your guide will wait for you in front of the Roadhouse Restaurant, which is just outside Parma highway exit. Your guide will be holding a sign displaying your name. The meeting point address is: Viale delle Esposizioni, 3/A, Parma.
- From other cities with chauffeur service. Pick up from other cities is available at extra charge. Contact us to receive our best quote.