Experiencing Parma means developing a deep appreciation for the age-old traditions and the resulting product: There’s nothing like tasting the magic of authentic Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, the sweetness of Parma ham, or the intense flavor explosion in a drop if Balsamic vinegar. Here, food is art; it’s community; it’s life.
Meeting PointParma - your accommodation or preferred pick-up point
Departure Time9:00 am - later departure can be arranged upon request
Return Time5:00 pm
- For this tour, private transport is necessary to reach all venues. Please select “transport included” if you wish to include chauffeur service for this tour. Please select “self-drive tour” if you have your own car and intend to drive for the duration of your tour.
- All our tours are available as gift vouchers. Choose the tour you prefer, go to the booking section and select “Buy as a gift”
- We are happy to customize all tours according to your preferences. Contact us to create your perfect experience.
We strongly recommend you to read the Policy for Daily tours. CLICK HERE!
- English/Italian-speaking guide (other languages available upon request)
- Admission tickets to all factories
- Products tasting as per tour itinerary
- Lunch (3 courses, wine and drinks included)
- Private transportation (if option selected)
PARMIGIANO REGGIANO CHEESE
- Visit a Parmigiano Reggiano cheese dairy and learn about every step of the natural making process that leads to the birth of the king of all cheeses
- Enter the impressive ageing rooms and walk surrounded by 5000 Parmigiano Reggiano cheese wheels
- Taste cheese of different ages and savour how it improves over time
- Travel through the beautiful Parma countryside. The sea breeze crosses the hills and makes this area ideal for Parma ham making
- Inside a Parma ham factory, follow the journey of this prestigious ham from the careful selection of the meat until its meticulous ageing
- Taste the unique sweetness of Parma ham and other local cold cuts
- A good old trattoria is a must-stop for all foodies visiting the food valley. In this traditional and cosy restaurant, you will be welcomed by the best Parma cuisine can offer: local cold cuts, tortelli with ricotta cheese and spinach, fresh home-made pasta, cakes and some bubbly local wine
TRADITIONAL BALSAMIC VINEGAR
- Enter an antique mansion and smell the unique scent of traditional balsamic vinegar. Listen to the story of a family that considers vinegar its most precious gift in life
- Admire barrels filled with black gold, aged up to 25 years
- Savour balsamic vinegar of different ages and discover unusual (and incredibly yummy!) recipes combining it with meat tartare, seafood and desserts
- From your accommodation in Parma: please let us know the name and address of your accommodation in Parma so your guide can meet you there.
- For “transport included” option: please note that some accommodations in the city centre are located in pedestrian areas where car access is prohibited. Therefore, your guide will meet you at your accommodation and you will walk together to the driver meeting point.
- From Parma train station. Please let us know your arrival time and train number. Your guide will meet you at the train station in front of the ticket office with a sign displaying your name.
- From Parma highway exit. If you are planning to reach Parma by car from another city, your guide will wait for you in front of the Roadhouse Restaurant, which is just outside Parma highway exit. Your guide will be holding a sign displaying your name. The meeting point address is: Viale delle Esposizioni, 3/A, Parma.
- From other cities with chauffeur service. Pick up from other cities is available at extra charge. Contact us to receive our best quote.