Living in Parma every day means developing a genuine appreciation for the magic enshrined in each little piece of Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, the sweetness of every thin Parma ham slice, the intensity of a single drop of vinegar when its scent explodes on top of a warm risotto. Let us guide you through the most complete food journey discovering our region, where food becomes real art. Feel Parma purest vibes and enjoy its food flavours and scents like a real local.
Meeting PointParma - your accommodation or preferred pick-up point
Departure Time9:00 am - later departure can be arranged upon request
Return Time5:00 pm
For this tour, private transport is necessary to reach all venues. Please select “transport included” if you wish to include chauffeur service for this tour. Please select “self-drive tour” if you have your own car and intend to drive for the duration of your tour.
- English/Italian-speaking guide (other languages available upon request)
- Admission tickets to all factories
- Products tasting as per tour itinerary
- Lunch (3 courses, wine and drinks included)
- Private transportation (if option selected)
PARMIGIANO REGGIANO CHEESE
- Visit a Parmigiano Reggiano cheese dairy and learn about every step of the natural making process that leads to the birth of the king of all cheeses
- Enter the impressive ageing rooms and walk surrounded by 5000 Parmigiano Reggiano cheese wheels
- Taste cheese of different ages and savour how it improves over time
- Travel through the beautiful Parma countryside. The sea breeze crosses the hills and makes this area ideal for Parma ham making
- Inside a Parma ham factory, follow the journey of this prestigious ham from the careful selection of the meat until its meticulous ageing
- Taste the unique sweetness of Parma ham and other local cold cuts
- A good old trattoria is a must-stop for all foodies visiting the food valley. In this traditional and cosy restaurant, you will be welcomed by the best Parma cuisine can offer: local cold cuts, tortelli with ricotta cheese and spinach, fresh home-made pasta, cakes and some bubbly local wine
TRADITIONAL BALSAMIC VINEGAR
- Enter an antique mansion and smell the unique scent of traditional balsamic vinegar. Listen to the story of a family that considers vinegar its most precious gift in life
- Admire barrels filled with black gold, aged up to 25 years
- Savour balsamic vinegar of different ages and discover unusual (and incredibly yummy!) recipes combining it with meat tartare, seafood and desserts
- From your accommodation in Parma: please let us know the name and address of your accommodation in Parma so your guide can meet you there.
- For “transport included” option: please note that some accommodations in the city centre are located in pedestrian areas where car access is prohibited. Therefore, your guide will meet you at your accommodation and you will walk together to the driver meeting point.
- From Parma train station. Please let us know your arrival time and train number. Your guide will meet you at the train station in front of the ticket office with a sign displaying your name.
- From Parma highway exit. If you are planning to reach Parma by car from another city, your guide will wait for you in front of the Roadhouse Restaurant, which is just outside Parma highway exit. Your guide will be holding a sign displaying your name. The meeting point address is: Viale delle Esposizioni, 3/A, Parma.
- From other cities with chauffeur service. Pick up from other cities is available at extra charge. Contact us to receive our best quote.