Parma: full day private food&wine tour “Culatello and more”
Take a stroll in the region surrounding the Po River and breathe in the air of this particular microclimate. Cross over into another era by entering the ageing cellars where the secrets of the Culatello di Zibello are proudly guarded. Then witness the centuries-old tradition of Parmigiano Reggiano cheese. Round-off your day’s experience with a taste of the local wines which are guaranteed to leave you with longing to return.
Meeting PointParma - your accommodation or preferred pick-up point
Departure Time9:00 am - later departure can be arranged upon request
Return Time5:00 pm
- For this tour, private transport is necessary to reach all venues. Please select “transport included” if you wish to include chauffeur service for this tour. Please select “self-drive tour” if you have your own car and intend to drive for the duration of your tour.
- All our tours are available as gift vouchers. Choose the tour you prefer, go to the booking section and select “Buy as a gift”
- We are happy to customize all tours according to your preferences. Contact us to create your perfect experience.
We strongly recommend you to read the Policy for Daily tours. CLICK HERE!
- English/Italian-speaking guide (other languages available upon request)
- Admission tickets to all factories
- Products tasting as per tour itinerary
- Lunch (3 courses, wine and drinks included)
- Private transportation (if option selected)
PARMIGIANO REGGIANO CHEESE
- Visit a Parmigiano Reggiano cheese dairy and learn about every step of the natural making process that leads to the birth of the king of all cheeses
- Enter the impressive ageing rooms and walk surrounded by 5000 Parmigiano Reggiano cheese wheels
- Taste cheese of different ages and savour how it improves over time
- Enter an historic villa where a family keeps the wine tradition alive, in full respect of nature
- Try some boutique production wines, such as Lambrusco, Merlot and Barbera, coming from grapes that are still harvested by hand
- Enjoy the best local wines with a rich aperitivo
- A good old trattoria is a must-stop for all foodies. In this traditional and cosy restaurant, you will be welcomed by the best Parma cuisine can offer: culatello, tortelli with ricotta cheese and spinach, fresh pasta and cakes are waiting for you to be enjoyed, with some bubbly local wine
CULATELLO DI ZIBELLO
- The intense smell of fog takes accompanies you to visit the aging cellars of Culatello, the most prestigious Italian ham with a noble history
- Admire some unique Culatello hams pre-ordered by chef Massimo Bottura, Prince Charles and many more lovers of Culatello di Zibello
- Savour the overwhelming aroma of Culatello together with other local cold cuts
- From your accommodation in Parma. Please let us know the name and address of your accommodation in Parma so your guide can meet you there.
- For “transport included” option: Please note that some accommodations in the city centre are located in pedestrian areas where car access is prohibited. Therefore, your guide will meet you at your accommodation and you will walk together to the driver meeting point.
- From Parma train station. Please let us know your arrival time and train number. Your guide will meet you at the train station in front of the ticket office with a sign displaying your name.
- From Parma highway exit. If you are planning to reach Parma by car from another city, your guide will wait for you in front of the Roadhouse Restaurant, which is just outside Parma highway exit. Your guide will be holding a sign displaying your name. The meeting point address is: Viale delle Esposizioni, 3/A, Parma.
- From other cities with chauffeur service. Pick up from other cities is available at extra charge. Contact us to receive our best quote.